Saturday, November 10, 2012

Week 12- Reflection Post



For the post of my choice, I decided to write a reflection piece. 

So far, I have learned a great deal from my practicum experience at both of the school sites. While I was at the elementary school, I was able to participate in a variety of experiences from leading guidance lessons to sitting in on Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings with the faculty and sometimes the parents. Because I spent about 60% of my time at the elementary school site, I will only be spending November and the rest of the semester at the high school site. Up to now, my experience at the high school site has been going very well, and I have been able to gain most of my hours from individual counseling sessions.   

On another note, this semester has been the most stressful for me. Lately, I have been: working a full time job, trying to get all of my hours in at the school sites, finishing up all my weekly homework, keeping up with completing my case notes, and attempting to find the time to study for the exit exam. As a result, I haven’t been getting a lot of sleep, but I keep telling myself that the semester is almost over, which has been helping me with all of the stress. With everything occurring, our wedding planning has been put on hold until the end of the semester. After we found our locations for the ceremony and the reception, William and I both agreed that the rest of the wedding planning can wait until this practicum class is over.   

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the upcoming nuptials. Yes, you are very busy. Keep in mind the light at the end of the tunnel. You are almost there. What pride you will feel on your wedding day knowing that you have completed your master's degree and will have more quality time to spend with your spouse and family. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete