Monday, November 26, 2012

Post of Choice



For my post of choice, I wanted to talk about how being a counselor is really a continuous learning experience. With new situations and technology developing every day, counselors have to learn how to deal with these novice circumstances. For instance, Facebook and Instagram are now linked to cyberbullying and other issues. When new problems arise such as these, school counselors and teachers have to learn: how to deal with them, familiarize themselves with the school regulations in regards to them, and to develop preventive measures.

Both of my site supervisors have stressed to me the fact that counselors have to continuous adapt as new situations occur. I wonder what other original challenges I will have to encounter as a school counselor. I’m also wondering: what other guidelines and regulations will be established as a result from the issues that have occurred because of technology.     

No comments:

Post a Comment