Monday, November 26, 2012

Reflection of Yourself



Since I started this practicum course, my skills as a counselor have developed and improved. I think that one of my strengths is conveying: empathy, genuine, communication, and my listening skills. However, I think that I still need to work on my doubtful thoughts. I still overthink what I’m going to say to a student during an individual session due to the fact that I’m afraid of asking the wrong questions or to give a wrong impression. As a counselor, I have become more comfortable with: giving guidance lessons, conducting individual sessions, and consulting with the teachers and other faculty members. I think that I have become more open-minded in regards to slightly alternating my approach according to the student and his or her personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment