Sunday, September 9, 2012

week 3 reflection

Last Thursday, while I was at the elementary school, I had a chance as a school counselor trainee to observe the school counselor administrator three classroom guidance counseling sessions. I was only able to be in the school for half of the day, because I had to work that morning. Usually, I enjoy my job but I was having a very stressful day and was glad to be able leave at noon and spend some of my time at the elementary school. While I was observing the guidance lessons, I was surprised how much the children were attentively attuned and entertained during the session with the animal puppets. It certainly uplifted my own mood. In addition, I had the chance to have a 15-20 minute individual session with one of the kindergarteners. It was definitely interesting to hear the child’s spoken thoughts and feelings. I hope that everyone had a great weekend and has a wonderful upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment